This article covers how to import contacts with a Hubspot. We've made the connection seamless and secure for the users.
Navigate to clerk Dashboard by typing
clerkand pressing Enter.
Click on the 📓 Contacts
Click on 📁 Import Contacts
Re-connect if you already tried connecting your Google account.
Sign in with your Hubspot account and grant access to Clerk.
Redirect back to Slack.
Clerk is now connected to Hubspot! You are ready to send an SMS to your Hubspot Contacts.
Hubspot - Creating a Contact
Anyone who interacts with your business can be saved as a contact in HubSpot. Once you create a contact, you can access their record within Clerk. Please note, although it is possible to add contacts to Hubspot without a phone number, it is not generally recommended because Clerk uses the phone number for SMS and MMS.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- In the upper right, click Create contact.
- In the right panel, enter the properties of the contact.
- Add Phone Number
- Click Create contact. If you are looking to create another contact after this one, click Create and add another instead.
For detailed notes on how to add a contact refer to Hubspot Documentation.
Hubspot - Creating a List
The lists tool in HubSpot allows you to create a list of contacts or companies based on property values and other characteristics, including activities. You can then use the list to send a Bulk SMS in Clerk. For example, if you have different cohorts of users that you need to communicate with.
Choose either Active or Static List. This will define how Hubspot updates the contents of that list.
- An active list automatically updates its members based on its criteria. Contacts will join the list only when they meet the criteria and leave the list only when they no longer meet the criteria.
- A static list does not update its members after its creation. It is a snapshot of contacts who meet set criteria at a point in time. The contacts in the list do not change automatically.
Name your list and select the filter type.
Hubspot - Adding a Contact to a List
Because contacts automatically enter and leave a list based on an active list’s criteria, to add a contact to an active list, you can:
- update the contact to meet the active list’s criteria; or
- update the list criteria to include the contact.
To remove a contact from an active list, you can:
- update the contact to fail the active list’s criteria; or
- update the list criteria to exclude the contact.
If your list is static you can directly select the clients and add them to the list.