Google Contacts Integration
Importing Google Contacts to Slack.
This article covers how to import contacts with a Google Contacts Connector. We've made the connection seamless and secure for the users.
Navigate to clerk Dashboard by typing
clerkand pressing Enter.
Click on the 📓 Contacts
Click on 📁 Import Contacts
Re-connectif you already tried connecting your Google account.
Click on Connect
Sign in with your Google account.
Click on Sign in with Google
If you have multiple Google accounts make sure to select the ones that you will use google contacts from.
Select Your Google Account
Grant clerk.chat permission to read your Google Contacts.
Grant Clerk Permission - Click Allow
Confirm Your Choice - Click Allow
If you are not already logged into your Slack workspace do so below.
Login To Your Slack Workspace
After you login, you will be redirected back to your Slack application.
Once everything has been connected successfully you will see the following message on your Slack channel.
You Can Now Use Google Contacts
Creating Contacts in Google
- At the top left, click Create Contact.
- Click Create contact or Create multiple contacts.
- Enter the contact’s information.
- Click Save.
- On the left, click Import.
- Click Select File.
- Choose your file.
- Specify your Group Label Name (This group will appear in Slack).
- Click Import.
Import CSV Contacts
Google requires the formatting of your CSV to be in the exact form for this to work. Use the following CSV file as a reference. Once the contacts have been imported double-check that the Phone field has been properly populated.
If you are still having issues pulling your contacts from google contacts there are a few things that you can check:
- Due to the limitation of Slack search, we suggest limiting your label character size to 10 characters.
- Slack search is not ideal. When searching for a contact or a group do it one character at a time.